We are looking for professional and compassionate caregivers to join our team at CARS.
- Must be a high school graduate, have a GED, or must demonstrate the ability to read the written personal care services assignment and write adequately to complete required forms and reports of visits.
- Must successfully complete and pass the 40-hour personal care services curriculum training course and the standardized examination designated by DOM.
- Experience in managing a home or experience in caregiving is preferable, but not required; must demonstrate the ability to work well with aged and disabled individuals who have limited functioning capacity; and must exhibit basic qualities of warmth and maturity and be able to respond to waiver participants and situations in a responsible manner.
The responsibilities of the Personal Care Attendant are categorized into personal care and light home management tasks that follow the provider service plan. A Personal Care Attendant may perform both personal care tasks and home management that may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Personal care such as: Bathing, Dressing, Oral Care, Toileting, Meal Preparation, Serving Meals, Feeding and Running Errands.
- Housekeeping tasks such as: Tidying/Dusting, Laundering, Ironing, Mending, Sweeping & Mopping, Bedmaking, Kitchen & Bathroom.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Mississippi driver’s license, and have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to function independently without constant observation and supervision.
- Must be physically able to perform the job tasks required and assurance that communicable diseases of major public health concern are not present, as verified by a physician.
- Must have interest in, and empathy for, people who are ill, elderly, or disabled.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to respond to waiver participants and situations in a responsible manner.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively, assertively, and cooperatively with a variety of people.
- Must be a high school graduate, have a GED or demonstrate the ability to read and write adequately complete required forms and reports of visits.
- Must maintain current and active first aid and CPR certification.
- Must not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to a felony of possession or sale of drugs, murder, manslaughter, armed robbery, rape, sexual battery, any sex offense listed in Section 45-33-23(f) of the Mississippi Codes, child abuse, arson, grand larceny, burglary, gratification of lust, aggravated assault, or felonious abuse and/or battery of vulnerable adult, or that any such conviction or plea was reversed on appeal or a pardon was granted for the conviction or plea. Background checks will be conducted by a company that specializes in back ground checks.
- Must be able to manage stress.
- Must be able to carry out and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must have no physical/mental impairments to prevent lifting, transferring, or providing any other assistance to the waiver participant.
- Must have completed training/instruction that covers the purpose, functions, and tasks associated with the Personal Care Attendant services.
The Personal Care Attendant must report to the supervisor, agency director, or the individual designated to supervise the personal care services program.
Please print and fill out the application below. Return completed application to:
CARE AT RESIDENCE SERVICES, INC.
403 S. MAIN ST
COLUMBIA, MS 39429
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN EMPLOYMENT
If you have any questions please contact us at 601-736-7383 or 601-736-0242.
CARE AT RESIDENCE SERVICES, INC. | 1615 RIDGEWOOD DRIVE | COLUMBIA, MS 39429 | 601-736-7383 | 601-736-0242 | INFO@CAREATRESIDENCE.COM